Safaricom has adjusted its M-PESA tariff. It is now possible to send and withdraw as low as Ksh. 50 from an M-PESA Agent! The new tariffs are as follows for withdrawals from the ATM and M-PESA shops (rates below apply to registered M-PESA customers) :
|Amount Range||ATM withdrawal charges – Ksh.||M-PESA Agent withdrawal Ksh.|
|50-100 (not applicable for ATM)||NA||15|
|101-1000(not applicable for ATM)||NA||25|
|2,501 – 5,000||60||45|
|5,001 – 10,000||100||75|
|10,001 – 20,000||175||145|
|20,001 – 35,000||N/A||170|
|35,001 – 50,000||N/A||250|
|50,001 – 70000||N/A||300|
The new charges for sending money to registered M-PESA user are:
|Amount Range – Ksh.||Sending Charges (to a registered M-PESA Customer) Ksh.|
|50 – 100||10|
|101 – 35,000||30|
|35,001 – 50,000||50|
|50,001 – 70,000||60|
Here is how you can withdraw money from your M-PESA account at any ATM countrywide belonging to Equity Bank, Diamond Trust Bank or Pesapoint.:
ATM withdrawal service is available to M-PESA registered customers.
To withdraw cash you will need to follow these instructions:
First on your phone:
- Select ‘ATM Withdrawal’ from the M-PESA menu
- Enter PesaPoint’s Agent Code (555 555) or Equity Bank Code (286286) or Diamond Trust Code (555 555)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN
- You will receive an SMS notification from M-PESA with a 6-digit authorization code. (The code expires after 2 hours and you will be expected to initiate the transaction afresh if you need to withdraw money again.)
Then on the ATM:
- Select the M-PESA button on the PesaPoint, Equity Bank or Diamond Trust Bank ATM
- Select your preferred language
- Enter the 6-digit ATM Authorization Code on the ATM keyboard.
- Enter your Safaricom mobile number.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw, press CONTINUE to proceed with transaction.
- ATM will dispense your cash and issue you with a receipt. You will also receive an SMS from M-PESA confirming the transaction and that is it!
It’s that simple!